I have been working on Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) in various organisations since 2011. Current projects that I am involved with include:
‘How To’ Guides
I have compiled a series of ‘How To’ guides that help people navigate the sometimes complex journey from agreeing with a general principle of involvement to actually making it happen in practice. The full suite of more than twenty guides can be found here.
Support for a number of East Midlands organisations to enable them to move forward on the public involvement agenda by creating and collecting an archive of practical resources.
Reviews for academic departments that consider how far the public involvement agenda has influenced their teaching, research and governance. An example of a completed review can be seen here, and a flyer for university staff advertising the review service that I offer is here.
Over the years, I have worked on a number of funded research projects (with a total value of £2.5m). The completed studies can be seen here, and current projects are:
- Recovery Colleges – The Recollect study is an NIHR Programme Development Grant (£100,882) led by Professor Mike Slade (2016-2017) – I am PPI lead
- Individual Placement and Support in forensic services – NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (£251,903) led by Dr Najat Khalifa (2016-2018) – I am PPI lead
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation – led by Professor Richard Morris
I am also involved in the following current and forthcoming applications for research funding:
- Suicide in prisons – led by Dr Najat Khalifa
- IAPT Plus in prisons – led by Dr Birgit Vollm
- Digital health technology – led by Dr Lucelia Rodgigues
- LEAP2 on Recovery Colleges – led by Dr Claire Henderson